In this special behind-the-scenes tutorial - Avalon will guide you through how she created this abstract surrealism cake bust! The head is entirely cake and is finished using JUST GANACHE (as part of her "Just Ganache" series exploring white chocolate ganache your finished medium). This piece was a recreation of a painting from Naoto Hattori, as part of "A World Apart" Cake collaboration.
- How Avalon created the blueprint for her cake
- How to build a solid structure for cake busts
- How to carve a base for your cake sculpture out of cake
- Tips and tricks for how to work with ganache as a finished medium (hint, it's just like water-based clay!)
- How to carve facial features - eyes, nose and lips
- How to create unique textures
- And so much more!
become a member
Membership starts as low as $12.49/month!
Membership gets you instant-access to this tutorial, our entire library of tutorials, recipe bank, cake calculators and so much more!
*cancel anytime & after 30 days of membership gain points to keep your favorite tutorials forever!